Sunday 10 August 2014

UK vs US Book Covers #1

Hello, and good day
Today I have a book discussion for you! It is on UK and US book covers and how they are different and I am going to talk about the one I prefer. I may also talk about other countries covers too.
Sometimes they only look slightly different and sometimes it's a whole other cover. Sometimes I prefer the UK cover and some times another cover.

The Divergent Trilogy:
UK Covers:
US Covers:
My Opinion:
Personally I prefer the US covers, they are more eye-catching, and depicts the story better and the colours look nicer together. Also I think they match better together.
The Harry Potter Series.
The Harry Potter Series has a range of different covers in different countries. So am I going to just talk about the first edition US and UK covers.
 UK Cover-

US Cover-

My Opinion:
I like both sets of covers, so my opinion on these are quite broad. I really like the UK spines of the books, and I think they look fun and bright on the book shelf. They also both depict the story well, which is most important in my opinion. I like the US covers depict the darker aspects of the book, where the UK covers depict the fun and adventurous side of the books. I really like the contrast of the two.
The Diviners:
UK Cover-

US Cover:

My Opinion:
Personally I like the colours of them both. I think the US one looks a bit more mysterious which I like.They are both also similar with the eye and the sky line and the font. I like them both but I like the US one a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment