Sunday 17 August 2014

5 Ways to Discover New Books

Hello and good day, 
Today I have a post about discovering new books, and five ways to discover new books. There are many ways to discover new books, but today I am going to share with you the 5 main ways I find near books
1- Through goodreads,
 this is a website:
I use goodreads to see what my friends and people are reading and what they think of the book, and so on. Also I use goodreads to see what other books are similar to what I've already read and love. I also use this to track the books that I want to read and the books I have already read and you can track the page number on there and give a little update (which comes in useful when I'm writing a book review).
2-Blogs and Youtube;
I like seeing what my favourite booktubers and blogger are reading, and what they have enjoyed and seeing if I would like it too. I tend to read a couple of reviews before buying and reading a book. By looking through book blogs and seeing what people read and enjoyed.
3- Taking to people;
By simply talking to people about what they are reading, what books they've be liking and such. I do this a lot, and I've gotten into a lot of really good Authors and book series this way.
4- Libraries and Bookstore;
 I've spent hours and hours, in bookstores and libraries go through the different sections, looking at the covers and reading the back of the book, and just finding little gems.
5-Online book lists;
Websites/newspapers that have lists of the top 100 or 50 books. I look at the guardian best book lists, a lot as they help me to discover new books and authors.


No comments:

Post a Comment